Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I've been away

I've been away from writing for a while. While I didn't have a j-o-b, I wrote often. Now I work. and write less.
My typical life has gone on. My life's an opera. with arias that never quite reach the top.

The holidays are around the corner and I am trying desperately hard to find some place else to be. I've somehow quickly slipped into being a family member of a family I don't want to think about. the holidays mean a few things this year (more than any other) - avoidance, drinking, and stress.  I know I'll fall into terrible twos - drinking and sleeping - and read too much David Sedaris. Oh, so much to look forward to.

I ask myself, pretty often, WHO IS THIS PERSON!? Who is this person thinking this way? Doing these things?  For I am not the same person I was last January. Have I been away from myself - or is this - myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment